Thursday, September 24, 2015

Pebble Isle to Double Island Anchorage

Pebble Isle has complementary Cinnamon Rolls and coffee in the morning, that were delicious. We departed about 9:00 and arrived at our anchorage about 3:00 PM. The anchorage is behind double island the river splits around both parts of Double Island and the water has a little current that keeps us mostly parallel to the shoreline. A bit of breeze moved us around a bit at anchor for a while but now the current has taken over and we are sitting very comfortably 100 yards off shore in 10 feet of calm water. Kentucky Lake has transformed into the Tennessee River, the river walls show off many interesting geological formations, Tom is an expert and explained to me the dips and ridges and how the mountains were formed. Lots of good discussion on the scenery and we solved most if not all of the world's problems today. After anchoring we went for a swim and I was able to check out the hull fittings and zincs, all looks great.

Our primary source of navigation was sent to Garmin for repair or replacement yesterday and I noticed that at the end of the short cruise yesterday the battery on the iPad our backup navigation aid was dead. I was really concerned about being without good electronic navigation. This morning I remembered that we had paper charts for the Tennessee River, I pulled them out this morning and we navigated by the old fashion way all day and did not even use the iPad, a relief.


I did not know rocks bend!!
Densons Landing Light at
Tom's Creek, Just a coincidence?
Nice setting on a rock ridge
New Houses
Log Cabin Houses

Little bungalow houses, my favorite

A rock out cropping that reminds me of Door County
A tow pushing, a tow pushing, a barge?

No comments:

Post a Comment