Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Maintenance Day

We decided to stay another day at Spring Cove waiting a weather window for our passage to the Bohemia River to get our Bimini repaired. The lower helm autopilot is not operating correctly and that coupled with no Bimini top means it would be very difficult to operate in any type of bad weather. Today I called Garmin tech department and they talked me through a few additional steps of trouble shooting to determine the problem. I believe the lower helm control display is the cause of the problem and have ordered a replacement to be shipped to our next destination. I also added some wiring that will allow me to move the operational control display from the upper helm to the lower helm if necessary. While I was doing that, I also removed the lower helm inoperable depth sounder and moved the second one at the upper helm to the lower helm. Tucked up all the wiring and tested the systems. 

1 comment:

  1. The maintenance and technology aspects are more complex and less "fun" than the family visit days, but all make for a amazingly interesting voyage!

    ReplyDelete