Monday, February 24, 2014

Errands, Repairs, Retired Work Day

Monday like many other days is a day for errands and fix it projects. Today I took both our VHF radios to Seamark Electronics to have them bench tested, about a 5 mile bike ride each way. One radio should be replaced and the other is functional. This afternoon, we helped a fellow boater move his boat to a different slip and tested the radios after reinstallation. I decided I needed to re-solder the VHF antenna connection and purchased a butane soldering iron that can also be used to torch crème brulee. Carol and I began our cruise planning for the east coast of Florida and Carol made reservations to visit with the BABS in Omaha in March. I went for a swim this afternoon while Carol discussed quilting with Marilyn from Castaway. So a real normal day not much excitement, nice weather again as usual cooled a bit this afternoon and the humidity decreased as well. Lots of sunshine, warm weather and light winds it rivals our best summer days in Wisconsin. 
Our dockside Iguana

1 comment:

  1. Your common, ordinary day rivals my best ones!! So glad Carol will make it to Omaha!

    ReplyDelete