Tuesday, April 8, 2014

New Smyrna Beach Day #2

The rain came yesterday evening and was present most of today so we decided to stay here in New Smyrna Beach for another day.  Dennis worked on a wiring project and did some repairs to the dinghy.  A few days ago we caught the dinghy motor on the edge of a pier piling and he needed to reinforce and strengthen the structure. So he worked outside in the rain all day.

Carol, on the other hand, read a good book and then went out for a very nice lunch and some shopping with friend Linda.  The Norwood Seafood restaurant in NSB is a new favorite – we had a Salmon salad with cranberries, fresh figs, goat cheese balls and other yummy stuff.  It was the best salad of the year without a doubt.  Then we ran some errands and finished up at an art gallery where local artists do their work and display art for sale in a big commercial building right in the middle of town.


We don’t have any other photos today but the one I do have is a shot of the beautiful print I bought from an artist named Joyce McAdams.  It was exquisite in person and is very pretty even on a cell phone photo.  I have been collecting small prints and local art from places we stop along the Great Loop.
Very Nice!!

1 comment:

  1. If I say I really really really love that print can I expect to get it for my 25th wedding anniversary present?!?!? I would eventually give it back to you :-) HaHa ~ it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete