Sunday, September 29, 2013

Kenlake Marina

While Carol is away, I have been working on refinishing the brightwork on the boat. Learned a few things, do not apply coats of clear epoxy late in the day. The dew gets into the epoxy if not dry and leaves pock marks in the surface that are very difficult to remove and show as small dots when varnished.

I also have taken the bike out of the dinghy and gone for a ride around the park and to a very small town nearby. I learned how out of shape I am and need to exercise more often, boat yoga helps but more movement is in order.

Today is Sunday and I enjoy worshiping with my home Church via their pod cast. They now also print the bulletins so I/we can follow along sing the songs and participate in the worship. Nice to maintain those important bonds to Church and family.



We have been anticipating a weather front with some rain to move through the area, first forecast for last night then early this morning. Well the front is stalled at the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers, it began raining about 9:00 this morning and, based on the forecast, I expect it will rain all day and into the evening. Just a light all day soaking, currently 66O F. I guess I will clean the inside of the boat today.

No comments:

Post a Comment